It’s a LOT more common than you might think. Many doctors label it as a ‘disease,’ and often prescribe medication as a way to make their patients feel “normal” (whatever that is).
It can drive teachers crazy, and make many seemingly normal people feel like there’s something wrong with them.
Of course I’m talking about ADHD: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Did you know that it’s a very common trait among entrepreneurs??
So if you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you feel affected by it – or might know someone close to you who is. Read on…
The typical ways that this can affect you include: Having trouble focusing on one thing at a time; Constantly getting distracted by things or people; Having challenges getting back to what you were working on before you got distracted, and so on…
I must admit that this is something I’ve struggled with my whole life. Although there were many times where it really worked against me, there have also been many times where this so-called “affliction” has worked well IN my favor, too.
I think that many of the most successful people in the history of the world have had ADHD (aka ADD) – to various degrees. It just wasn’t “discovered” or labeled back then.
I also think that our current society is quick to reach for the ‘fast fix’ – aka pills. Yeah, it’s definitely needed in some cases. But most of the time, I truly believe that eating the right diet, getting the right amount of sleep & EXERCISE will do a TON of good for anyone, especially people like us who ‘suffer’ from ADHD.
How do I know?? Because I’ve experimented on myself & noticed the same things with my friends.
Now, this may only be my opinion, but believe me, I wouldn’t say this unless I had very strong reasons for making such claims.
If you really suffer from ADD, here’s something you can try, and I believe you’ll have very quick, positive results… (NOTE: I’m not a doctor, don’t play one on tv, so don’t sue me! lol).
Bonus Tip: If you actually follow the plan below, you might just Lose Some Weight, feel better, and have more energy, too!
Here’s the Plan:
- Cut out ALL SODAS and sugary drinks! Drink Water Water is SO much better for you, because it helps your body flush everything bad out a lot easier. When you drink sodas laced with chemicals, your body still has to process that crap. Sodas are usually made with either a LOT of SUGAR or (worse yet) many chemicals (like aspartame) that will seriously mess with your brain’s chemistry. This drastically affects your ability to think properly. Don’t believe me? Go do your own research. Google this “effects of aspartame on brain.” Have fun!
- Cut Down on or Eliminate Processed, Refined Foods. (Candy bars, candy, most stuff you’d eat out of a box or bag, etc.) Eat more natural, living foods, like fruits, veggies & other things your mama always told you to eat.
- Eat (or Take) a Daily Serving of Fish Oil w/ Omega-3 in it. Your brain will LOVE you for it. TRUST me – You won’t believe all the positive effects you’ll feel because of this stuff!
BONUS: Feeling Depressed? Take Vitamin D Every Day! (Wow – just wow!)
- Forget Fast Food. Keep driving past Mickey D’s. Say “Bye!” to Burger King. Stay AWAY from those fast food joints. Most of that stuff is poison, son!
The whole purpose of that food is to get you addicted to it, so that you come back again & again. A lot of items on their menus are more chemicals than food. Crazy. Want a little entertainment while you learn about the truth behind this? Watch the movie “Supersize Me.” There are other movies & sources of this truth if you look. You know how to use the internet, right? :)
What number am I on? Oh yeah…
- Discover the Magic of Meditation & How to BREATHE!! ..Breathe? Yes. Sure, you do it all day, every day, but are you breathing correctly? How you breathe (should be simple, right?) has more to do with your overall well-being than you could possibly imagine. In fact, do this now: Take a niiiiicceeee, long, deep breath & hold it for about 7 seconds. Then, let it out nice & slow…about 7 seconds. Do that about 7 times & describe how you feel. Notice the difference? Yeah, I thought so. In fact, just thinking about & focusing on your breathing while you tune out everything else is a WONDERFUL practice that will help beat your ADD. There’s magic here, folks.
To Recap: 7 Seconds inhale. Hold 7 seconds. 7 seconds exhale. Do that 7 times. Simple.
- Exercise! Do something! Don’t just sit on butt in front of the computer all day! Get up for a 30 minute walk & take your dog with you. Put some music or business stuff on your iPod/Phone/mp3 player & walk around for a bit. Better yet, do some push-ups. Or jumping jacks. Sit ups. Go to the gym. Some But move. Exercise. Challenge your muscles. There’s an AMAZING correlation between your body, mind & soul. When you exercise & breathe right, your mental focus & everything else will improve right along with it. Seriously.
Ok, that’s it. Any more & I’m gonna have to start charging you! lol (Squirrel!)
But seriously – I have ADHD, and doing the same things I’m telling you about here has helped me (and many others like me) beyond description.
And just so you know –> No, I’m NOT on any meds, and never have been. But that’s just me. I’m sure there are people out there (maybe some reading this article) who DO have serious issues & may need to take something that helps. I don’t know.
But even if that IS the case, I still strongly believe that my words of wisdom here will help you, too… If you just take action.
The Rant is now over. Thanks for reading & I wish you all the best!
To Your Health & Success,